Throw away anger

Thought Thought (Day 81: 19-Sept-2013)

Stop hurting yourself.


Guess all of us have heard that being angry and hating someone is like holding a red hot iron rod in our hands and wishing the other person gets hurt. This is unlikely to happen. Let go of your anger. Let go your hatred. The longer you hold your anger; the more hurt you are going to be.

Don’t think that I am being a preacher mimicking words of some enlightened ones. I share my thoughts through experience. Until few years back, I was this scary girl to be around. I was very very very very sensitive and short tempered to its direct proportion. The multiple “very” is to show the intensity. It was due to some insecurity that was embedded into my being from past events. What happened was; anything anyone said about me would trigger me. Ultimately, while I held on to the incident, the words spoken, my anger, hatred, etc. things around went on its usual way. No one else was affected but me. Funny still, no one even remembered those trivial incidents while I hung on to it with my dear life.

As years passed, I realized that most of my days were spent being angry with friends and family. Life just kept moving on with a sad Shree in it. Things had to be changed. I accepted the fact that things can be changed only if I changed. I learnt to accept that not all can be same and not all can get what everyone else has. I learnt to accept the less angry I get, the happier I was. The more loving I got, the happier the world seemed.  The unfavorable incidents where I was more forgiving were more remembered by others for my good attitude. I seemed to attract more people towards my happy (but once sad) world.
Life is a lot better than it used to be.

Try letting go of anger and hatred; gradually you will learn to be lovable towards yourself and others. Your little world will become a better place :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment